The client and each service provider of the client shall, without expense to, and to the satisfaction of EE/AWMA, obtain and carry liability insurance as follows:
- All service providers/suppliers (excluding florists and musicians) must have general liability insurance providing coverage of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for injury and general liability, with Event Emissary and the United States Government named as additional insured;
- Service providers providing or serving alcohol (e.g., caterers) must have not less than an additional $2,000,000 in specific general liability insurance pertaining to their service of alcohol, with Event Emissary and the United States Government named as additional insured; and
- The Client must have not less than $2,000,000 of general liability insurance pertaining to the event, with Event Emissary and the United States Government named as additionally insured.
- Certificates of Insurance should be faxed to 202-786-0022. Do not mail copies of certificates of insurance.
- For the purposes of the above stated insurance, the following addresses should be used:
United States Government / Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium
1301 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20407
P.O. Box 575
Washington, DC 20044-0575
In no case will the facilities be available without the above stated coverage. The client shall provide insurance certificates at least 30 days prior to the event date. The building will cancel the proposed event if insurance certification is not received by this date.